Looking for an apprenticeship
An apprenticeship is a fantastic way to earn while you learn. As an apprentice, you’ll have excellent career prospects and a clear route for progression. Your apprenticeship can be fully funded and give you essential work experience with nationally recognised qualifications and no debt at the end. You won’t even need to take time out for days in college. There are a range of apprenticeship jobs and qualifications available through Grey Seal, all of which offer you clear personal and professional progression.
"Thank you very much for your professional help in securing an apprenticeship here. I have no hesitation in recommending Grey Seal to my friends, family and other businesses”.
What is an apprenticeship?
Broadly speaking, an apprenticeship gives you a qualification covering skills, knowledge and behaviours relating to your sector and job role. The apprentice must demonstrate that they are competent in their job role based on National Standards demonstrating workplace abilities and proving that they are able to perform specific job-related tasks * *Knowledge* – The apprentice needs to show they have learned the underpinning knowledge theory appropriate to their job role * *Functional skills* – These are transferable skills across qualifications and roles. Skills gained in English, Maths are tested, although an apprentice may already have achieved this element through previous qualifications, such as GCSEs
The apprentice develops the skills employers are looking for, such as creative thinking, team work, self-management and effectiveness
Your apprenticeship through Grey Seal
At Grey Seal we have extensive experience of running apprenticeship programmes and work with a strong collection of reputable and established companies, from small businesses looking to expand to multi-location SMEs and large organisations. Through our apprenticeships, you are guaranteed that all your training will happen in your workplace, giving you the hands-on skills and knowledge you need to progress your career. You will be allocated a dedicated trainer assessor throughout your apprenticeship to help and guide you through the qualification and give you impartial advice about any work issues. Your work will be set by your trainer assessor and delivered through an online portfolio. You will have access to your trainer assessor at all times throughout your work day, either one-to-one or online. Your apprenticeship will be a qualification tailor-made to suit you and will take into account your favoured learning style. We will also ensure that you are placed in a role that is right for you, your skills and your aspirations. Your employers will be keen to support you, listen to you and give you the best chances to develop professionally because it’s in the interests of their business to have great people on board. "Click here":../apprenticeship/apprenticeships.php to see the full range of apprenticeships available through Grey Seal.
Did you know that….?
* Apprenticeships offer a range of qualifications that can lead to further vocational or academic qualifications
* You will be contracted to work a minimum of 30 hours per week
* The minimum term of your apprenticeship will be one year
* There are currently more than 22,000 high quality apprenticeship vacancies in the UK
* At the end of their apprenticeships, 85% of people remain in employment and two-thirds stay with the same employer
* A third of former apprentices receive a promotion within 12 months of finishing their apprenticeship
* Of the people who remain in work, 75% report taking on more responsibility in their job after their apprenticeship
* According to ICM Employers Research, employers think qualified apprentices are 15% more employable than those with other qualifications
To find out more about apprenticeships and funding, please call us on 01773 829121 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org