.content { display: block!important; }
 

Apprenticeship Levy Payer - Funding Rules

Main Funding Rules - Levy Payers

  • Your organisation pays into the levy monthly, the levy will be topped up by an additional 10% by the government
  • These funds stay in the levy pot for 2 years then they will be removed starting from the earliest unused contribution - use it or lose it
  • You can access the levy system to allocate payment to your chosen training provider/s (please see guidance under Using the Apprenticeship Service Account tab)
  • You can only spend levy funds with trainin gproviders that have been approved by the government and are registered on the RoATP - Register of Appreoved Training Providers and funds can only be used to pay for approved apprenticeships
  • Grey Seal have a direct contract with the ESFA - Education amd Skills Funding Agency which allows us to arrange for additional funding if your levy pot has been used in full.  These funds will pay for 90% of the cost, leaving the employer to pay the 10% balance is paid monthly
  • If you employ an apprentice aged 16-18 you will receive an additional £1,000
  • Maths and English requirements are funded separately - 100% paid by the ESFA
  • Employers are exempt from employers national insurance for apprentices under 25 years

Main Apprenticeship Rules

  • Apprentices must spend 20% or their time in 'off the job' learning, this can include:
  •      Theory training e.g., online training, workshops, manufacturer training
  •      Practical training e.g., shadowing, mentoring
  •      Learning support and time spent writing assignments
  • Apprentices are employees and have the same employment statutory rights as any employee
  • Apprentices should be employed for 30 hours pw plus (some exceptions) on a PAYE basis
  • Apprenticeships must last for a minimum of a year, although likely to be 15 months plus
  • NMW rates apply - although an apprentice in their first year has its own NMW rate
  • Apprentices must be on an approved apprenticeship

Benefits of Apprenticeships

  • Access and attract talent; transform your recruitment model
  • Develop future leaders
  • Become and employer of choice
  • Broaden your workplace demographic
  • Plug skills gaps
  • Drive culture change
  • Develop your corporate social responsibility profile

 

 

 

 

 

Sign up to receive monthly free advice and information, designed to help you make the most of the training and recruitment opportunities available and keep you up-to-date with current trends in your sector (and ensure that you never miss out on government funding or grants again).

Find us